School has started here in Mississippi. I don’t want all of the things we have to do to get in the way of what we get to do. So I decided to make a list. The things we get to do can sometimes be overshadowed by the things we have to do.
HAVE TO dos
- Tier Paperwork
- Grade Assessments
- Daily Record keeping
- Take attendance
- Post grades online
- Go to meetings
GET TO dos
- Create and decorate our rooms using paints, colors, markers, glitter, and whatever else we can find.
- We get to share some of the most amazing stories with our kids. We could be the first person to read “Where the Wild Things Are” to them
- We get to laugh with students
- We get to help teach students how to tie their shoes
- We get to teach kids how to play tetherball and four square
- We get to make kids feel good about themselves.
- We get to wear Star Wars t-shirts on Fridays- Added by E. Orders 3rd grade Richland Upper Elementary
- We get to throw a stuffed angry bird to students who participate and answer questions.
There are so many more get tos than have tos. Don’t let the HAVE TOs overshadow the GET TOs!
What would you add to either list?
Thank you for reading. May the force be with you.